LIZA MC ELROY - Seward, Alaska



             

Murals:   

   Fjord Escape - 2017, Xtra Puffs - 2016, Windows To The Bay - 2012
               Seaward Bound (retired mural) - Collaboration with Justine Pechuzal - 2011

              
With degrees in environmental science and science illustration, it seems only natural that I’d focus on depicting scenes from nature. While I enjoy this very much, the reality is that I get great pleasure from drawing all kinds of things. For example, when I found myself in a waiting room with two hours to kill, I pulled out my sketchbook and depicted each of the three vacuum cleaners sitting about, as precisely as possible. And recently in a coffee shop after ordering a cookie, rather than eating it straight away, I drew it crumb for crumb, capturing its every nook and cranny. Then I ate it. I just love to paint and draw.